About Me

My photo
I'm just a girl with a blog... I laugh uncontrollably...so much so I wake up from funny dreams laughing...my friends love that I can make them laugh, and always ask me what I'm on...my answer is milk of course :) I miss my friends like crazy! I was born and raised in Canada, T.O. to be exact :D currently living in Greece, still trying to get settled...uuummmm I can't start my day without blasting some tunes first, music puts a groove in my step and it's just how I like to start my day...I love drawing,reading, hair, makeup, and clothing...all the girly things in life...and my dream is to travel the world...i hope it comes true ~xoxo Stephi~

Monday, August 29, 2011

road trip



My first road trip :D woot woot! A couple cousins and a friend of mine went to Halkidiki for the weekend. The first night we checked out the night scene along the beachfront.  So many cafes, restaurants, and bars along the beach...we decided to eat at this little seafood restaurant that was right on the sand.  mmmmmmm :) so good.  The next day we went for a swim at Flogita beach.  The water was amazing...turquoise, clear and sooooo warm.  We were itchin' for adventure lol  Rooooooad Triiiiip!!!  Definitely the best way to go, if you only have a small amount time and a lot to see. Halkidiki is a large peninsula in the central part of Macedonia, Northern Greece.  It's made up of three legs, the first one is called Kassandra, the second one Sithonia, and the third one is Mount Athos. We started at the top of Kassandra and went all along the edge of Sithonia, it was about 10 hours of driving and sightseeing...and super fun.  On the top right hand corner of the picture collage is a view of the mountains of Mount Athos.  An interesting little fact, Mount Athos is actually a monastic community inaccessible by people, and especially women. Only men are allowed to enter this community, and that's only after they get special permission. Seems a bit intense but whatever :D More than 20 monasteries are spread in this peninsula and the community was formed in the Byzantine times.
xoxo chiika


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...